Muslims in our schools? Lobbying?

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Missouri Leadership Project <capitolra...@moleadershipproject.com>
To: linda.h...@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Tue, December 28, 2010 3:52:02 PM
Subject: Bill making YOU a felon... Rally at the Capital -- Opening Day of
Session

Rally Day: Wednesday, January 5, 2011 -- Jefferson City, MO -- 10:00 a.m. to
11:30 a.m.

 Join Us at the Consent of the Governed Rally
Linda,
Last spring a bill that would have made you, the average citizen activist, a
felon almost became law.
On May 6th, 2010, Senate Bill 844, the so-called Omnimbus Ethics Bill, blazed
through Missouri's legislative process.
In a single day, an unrelated one page bill morphed into 66 pages, passed
through a standing House committee, the Rules Committee and then was finally
passed on the House floor.  The legislative body had to vote on the bill an
hour
after receiving it.
Some of the many provisions in the bill were designed to effectively squelch
citizen involvement in the legislative process.
One such provision would require a common citizen to register as a lobbyist if
he or she "Attempts to influence any elected official other than an elected
official who represents the legislative district where the person resides."
(Page 16)
The penalty for infraction?  A class D felony. (Page 19)
Fortunately, some of the very citizens who would have been made felons raised
the alarm and most of the offensive provisions were stripped out in a
conference
with the senate.
The Lesson?  There have been times when some powerful leaders in the Missouri
legislature didn't want you in the the way of their plans to manage your life
and money.
Our message for them? "We're from the Peopleand we're here to help!"
Please join us in sending this message on the opening day of the 2011
legislative session.
We want to celebrate a revival of political concern and involvement among
Missouri citizens, rejoice in the victories we have witnessed in 2010, welcome
and encourage our incoming freshmen representatives, highlight strategic
legislation for the coming session, and commit ourselves to working with our
elected officials for the good of our state.

As we welcome the freshmen legislators we will remind them and the veteran
lawmakers alike that they are there at the "Consent of the Governed".

Please plan to attend the rally and please forward this information to your
list
and invite other groups to participate.  We want more sponsor groups. Let's all
help start the new session with a strong message of unity and support for the
cause of liberty.

For liberty,

Sponsors of Consent of the Governed Rally
 Scheduled Speakers & Itinerary

Speakers
Dave Roland
Rep. Ed Emery
David Linton
Steve Rupp
Bev Ehlen
Mitch Hubbard
Carl Bearden
       January 5, 2011
1st. Floor Rotunda, Capitol Building, Jefferson City, MO
Itinerary:
9:30 - 10:00:  Come Early for Assistance locating your Rep. & Senator
10:00 - 11:30:  Speakers
11:30 - 12:00:  Take your place in the Senate Gallery (4th floor)
12:00:  Watch the Senate floor vote for the President Pro Tem
Visit with your senator and rep in their office.
Sponsors
Franklin County Patriots Missouri Campaign for Liberty Missouri First
Women for America Jefferson County Tea Party Sullivan 9/12
Missouri Sovereignty Project Crawford County Campaign for Liberty Warren County
Patriots

Branson Tea Party Coalition Eureka Tea Party Lebanon Tea
Mid-MO Patriots K&N Patriots Buffalo Tea Party
Capitol Tea Party Patriots Show Me Tea Central Camdenton Tea Party
Lake Area Conservative Club Callaway Tea Party Mexico Tea Party
Sikeston Tea Party We the People of St. Francois County (more coming)

www.MoLeadershipProject.com