----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Mark Mix <mark....@righttoworkcommittee.org>
To: Linda Herd <linda.h...@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Wed, March 16, 2011 4:20:34 PM
Subject: Great news

Dear Linda,

I have great news.

Last week, Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC) introduced the National Right to Work Act
(S. 504). Congressman Steve King (R-IA) is expected to introduce the House
version next week.

What's next is up to Right to Work supporters like you.

If you haven't done so already, please sign the National Right to Work Act
petition. Then, please forward this message to friends, family, and other
like-minded citizens and ask them to sign the petition as well.

It's absolutely vital we turn up the heat on every member of Congress.

As you know, this legislation would enshrine the common-sense principle –
already enforced in 22 states – that no worker should be compelled to join or
pay dues to a union just to get or keep a job.

In an age of legislative overreach, this is one of the shortest bills ever
introduced.

A National Right to Work Act does not add a single word to federal law. It
simply removes language in the National Labor Relations Act that gives union
bosses the power to extract dues and fees from nonunion workers.

And as we've seen in Wisconsin, Indiana, and elsewhere so far this year, the
union bosses will do anything to protect their government-granted forced-dues
powers.

That's why I need your help.

I have an aggressive plan to push the National Right to Work Act onto the
front-burner of U.S. politics.

First, through a large, national petition campaign we will ramp up the pressure
to secure the maximum number of co-sponsors in the House and Senate.

Then, working with our allies, we will secure hearings in both chambers to
expose the abuses of forced-unionism and its cost to America in lost jobs,
bloated government and corrupt politics.

Finally, we will really turn up the heat - mail, phones, email and internet
radio, even TV ads if funding permits - as the National Right to Work Act comes
to a vote on the floor of the U.S. House and Senate.

This is an ambitious program.

I can't do it alone.

Please, sign the National Right to Work Act petition and forward this message
other grassroots activists.

And please consider chipping in with a contribution of $10 or more today.

Internet mobilization. Massive public information campaigns. Even radio and TV

It's all expensive. But just chipping in $10 or more today will go a long way.

Your help has been critical so far. I know I can count on you as we push
forward.

Sincerely,

Mark Mix

P.S. Last week, Senator Jim DeMint introduced the National Right to Work Act
(S.
504).

This critical legislation would strip union bosses of the government-granted
power to extract dues and fees from independent-minded employees as a condition
of employment.

Please help us take on Big Labor by submitting your petition, forwarding this
like-minded citizens, and chipping in with a contribution of $10 or more today.
________________________________

The National Right to Work Committee is a nonprofit, nonpartisan,
single-purpose
citizens' organization dedicated to combating compulsory unionism through an
aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to compulsory
unionism
and, at the same time, enlist public support for Right to Work legislation. The
Committee's mailing address is 8001 Braddock Road, Springfield, Virginia 22160.
The Committee can be contacted toll-free at 1-800-325-7892. Its web address is
http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/5561423:8288921635:m:1:209001656:7E8FD864F24A3532209B39A8319BAC2A

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

To help the National Right to Work Committee grow, please forward thisto a
friend.

To view as a web page, please click this link: view online.
This message was intended for: linda.h...@sbcglobal.net
You were added to the system October 11, 2010. For more information
click here.
Update your preferences | Unsubscribe