---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kirk Holman <khol...@hslawllc.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Subject: Petition
To: Tom Martz <t.ma...@gmail.com>

Hi, Tom*:*

Looks like SB 188 is going to become law unless the Governor Vetoes it.  To
that end, try to forward this to friends and encourage them to sign.  I
would ask that you sign it too!

Missouri's legislature is continuing its wholesale assault on working people
by attempting to gut Missouri's civil rights statute, the Missouri Human
Rights Act.  Under SB 188, corporate reactionaries have:

1. Removed harassers and discriminators from any personal responsibility for
their acts.

2. Placed outdated and unfair caps on damages, including economic damages.

3. Lessened protection for private and governmental employees who blow  the
whistle on illegal conduct.

4.Made it more difficult for employees to prevail or even reach a jury of
their peers in employment discrimination cases.

So we created a petition to Governor Jay Nixon, which says:

"Dear Governor Nixon:  Veto SB 188, The Sexual Predator in the  Workplace
Protection Act.  Stand up for personal responsibility and the  protection of
Missouri's workforce!"

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://signon.org/sign/governor-nixon-veto-the?source=c.em.mt

Thanks!

Kirk D. Holman

[image: HS]

 4600 Madison Avenue, Suite 810

 Kansas City, Missouri 64112

 t: 816.283.8738

 f: 816.283.8739

 www.hslawllc.com

WE ARE INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE TO COMPLY WITH TREASURY REGULATIONS.
ANY U.S. FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS COMMUNICATION (INCLUDING ANY
ATTACHMENTS OR ENCLOSURES) WAS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN BY THE AUTHOR TO BE
USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, FOR THE PURPOSE OF (1) AVOIDING PENALTIES THAT MAY
BE IMPOSED ON A TAXPAYER OR (2) PROMOTING, MARKETING, OR RECOMMENDING TO
ANOTHER PARTY ANY TRANSACTION OR OTHER MATTER ADDRESSED HEREIN.

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain material that (1) is
confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient, and (2) may be
protected by the attorney-client privilege, attorney work product doctrine
or other legal rules. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or
forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Note: The Missouri Bar Disciplinary Counsel requires all Missouri lawyers to
notify all recipients of e-mail that (1) e-mail communication is not a
secure method of communication; (2) any e-mail that is sent to you or by you
may be copied and held by various computers it passes through as it goes
from me to you or vice versa; (3) persons not participating in our
communication may intercept our communications by improperly gaining access
to your computer or my computer or even some computer unconnected to either
of us which the e-mail passed through. If you want future communications to
be sent in a different fashion, please let me know at once.

--
"no cause is lost if there is but one fool to fight for it"
~Will Turner~

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are
free." ~Goethe

www.moliberty.org

http://417-political-pundit.blogspot.com

The power to tax involves the power to destroy.
~Justice John Marshall~

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics
won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

A legislative act contrary to the Constitution is not law.
~Justice John Marshall~

<<image002.jpg>>