>> * Has the decision pro/contra default Quantize mode already been made?
Could imagine, that  syncing tracks
>>    to the phase when in sync mode is what non-vinyl djs (aka majority of
our users) would expect.

> we could default enable quantize when sync-latch is used -- that would
> cause the quantize button to flicker when the user taps the sync button.

Auto set the quantization button might be not what a dj expect.

IMHO the current version is clean definition:
Quantization on: Mixxx respects the beats as best as it can.
Quantisation off: The DJ is responsible for time his commands as required.

Since quantization on requires less Dj skills we may permanent enable it by
default.

But what is the use case for syncing without Phase?
The only advantage I can see is that there is no position jump. Is it
needed?

While using Quantisation state when pressing play is a good idea, we may
consider alternative to always sync the phase when sync is pressed while
playing.