Hi Mixxxers,

I realize it's hard to tell from the sea of bugs on the tracker which ones
are good for starter projects. Even the
easy<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bugs?field.tag=easy>bug list
has some old bugs on it that you can't really tell if they are
important. I was thinking about doing a monthly "starter projects" email
that has a list of bugs or small weekend projects that you could use to get
started.

Here's January! This is a list of bugs we would highly appreciate fixes and
which we would definitely include in Mixxx 1.12.0.

* Make SoundTouch vs. RubberBand a preference
option.<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1258560>

This feature helps people with lower power CPUs do pitch bending and
keylock.

* Visualize distance / closeness to a key when pitch
shifting.<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1258624>

This entails updating the key widget (or making a new widget) that
indicates how "close" the current deck's pitch bend is to reaching the next
key.

* Support key notation in search
operators.<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1180433>

This would allow the user to use Mixxx's tag search in the library like
this:

key:"a#m" to get all tracks in A# minor.

* Add "deck context menu" to track title, artist,
etc.<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mixxx/+spec/deck-context-menu>

Similar to right-clicking a track in the library, this would let you
right-click on the track text to get a context menu for the current track.
This would be a very nice feature for quickly adding a track to a
playlist/crate, changing the beatgrid, getting to the track property editor
dialog, etc.

* Support dragging track from deck to
deck.<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1173481>

I've always wanted to be able to drag a track from one deck to another to
clone it. This bug describes just that!

* cover art support <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/661459>

Some work has already been done by this but it is looking for an owner!
Adding cover art is super high visibility and would make Mixxx much more
delightful / visually interesting to use.

This is hardly an exhaustive list. I wanted to keep it short to prevent
option overload :). Feel free to come to our IRC channel where people who
can get you started are hanging out.

Let me know if this is useful,
RJ