For me starting Mixxx is more reliable with pasuspender, because the
average user has no idea that
Mixxx needs exclusive access to the sound hardware.
It tricky and would be annoying  to reconfigure Mixxx sound hardware
when starting it while the hardware
is occupied because lets say Firefox displays a web page with an add
that includes audio.

I support the idea to remove pasuspender once we are able to handle the
sound hardware occupied case successful in Mixxx
Like:
"The configured Audio Hardware is in use by Firefox. Please close
Firefox and continue. "
"Quit" "Reconfigure" "Continue" <- grayed out until the audio hardware
is free

http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet