Hi RJ,

> Someone recently gave me a Windows laptop so I'm going to setup a Windows build environment to try and look at some of these.

Thank you for looking at this. Would you mind to provide windows symbol files from the build server as well? This way we are able to get
more infos directly from the effected systems.

> Adding a 1.12.1 will likely cause more bugs in the wild than it fixes and that's not what users will expect from a point release.

The SS branch is in master since a while and I have a very good feeling for the quality but we do not know. On the other hand, if we add Qt 5 and c++11 refactoring and upcomming and pending feature branches, we will add a risk of an additional "ton" of bug and not the least a risk of an other year delay. So if we want an
SS release soon we should not do this.

It is OK for me to keep the 1.12 branch open for minor fixes towards a possible 1.12.1 version without the SS changes.

IMHO we need a separate branch for releasing the SS fixes. If it is called 1.12.1 1.13 or 1.12.2 does not matters to me.
The only thing that matters is that we can put it in a alpha state now.
This will us give the time we need to lift it up to release state, without blocking any other improvements for master.

I think it will not be a problem to release a "1.13.0 SS only" independent from a 1.12.1.
Is such a strategy OK to you?

What do the others think?

Kind regards,

Daniel