Le 11/06/2015 21:02, Be a écrit :
> Mappings included in Mixxx have the XML file named with hyphens
> separating words but the script files are named with spaces separating
> words. Having two naming conventions gets confusing and annoying,
> especially when typing the file names in a shell. I suggest switching
> the script files to using hyphens to separate words. Thoughts?

I don't care that much if we use hyphens, spaces or whatever, provided that:

- wherever possible, use the same convention/name for js and xml files
- only use characters that are acceptable for filenames on all OSes
(regardless of OS language)
- resulting filenames are easily human-readable
- It's easy to find all files from the same brand / model (this files
are near each other when alphabetically sorting)

It's probably more readable to have a word separator different from a
brand/model/comment/type/whatever separator.
Something like
brand - model[ - comment].type.{xml,js}
with word separated by space if we have brand or model which contains
several words.

let's try it with an example :

American Audio - RADIUS 2000.hid.js
American Audio - RADIUS 2000.scripts.js
American Audio - RADIUS 2000 - CH1.midi.xml
American Audio - RADIUS 2000 - CH2.midi.xml

This way, all files from the same brand are all together, as well as all
files from the same model adn it's easy to read.

--
Sébastien
圣巴斯弟盎