Hi,

I strongly disagree with you. We have a wonderfull new feature with
resizable skins and this new feature is ruined by our windows installer
because if you install 1.12 on top of 1.11, you get the old skins :(
Upgrade is not rare. We already discussed about that, I proposed a PR
which is waiting review since 1+ month. Saying today that this is not a
blocker don't correct the real problem : nobody seems to care about
windows users. This is relatively easy to merge, we must improve 1.12
quality including this PR.

In my opinion, the problems of the mixxx project aren't marketing or
software quality, but two others :

- The lack of release management process. We need to know when are the
new functionnality merge windows, when we are in feature freeze, what
and how we should consider blockers, and so on. and we need someone / a
team that dispatch remaining work to achieve release with a clearly
stated date or quality and focus every developpers on correcting
remaining bugs when we are about to release (for example avoid wasting
time talking about coding style during beta cycle). With a release
managemen process, the goal won't shift, or only in a controlled way.

- The lack of decision process. This project is only driven by strong
consensus. When we don't have an overall agreement, nothing is done. it
is normal, in real life, that different people have different opinions.
We need a way to choose between different opinions. Either with a strong
project leader, or with a published process (like voting for example).
This should be published.

---

Sébastien Blaisot

Links: