On 11/17/17 11:38, Be wrote:
What projects have you used GitLab for? What do you like about it compared to GitHub?

I used it in my previous and current company for internal projects. I was even the administrator in the previous one doing the upgrades etc. Mostly small internal projects that all got tested through CI. Mostly coookbooks for chef and smaller daemons.

I like that it's open source and their development goes into the right direction ^^

To be honest, I don't care that much. I think the most important part is, that it feels integrated and is easy for a newcomer to fork and create a pull request. In the best case, a fork automatically gets CI testing so the dev knows before creating a PR that the patch works.

The only drawback I see is the missing social network effect you get through github.

kind regards
  poelzi