Err, whoops, I copy and pasted the wrong link. The beta announcement is live on the main website: https://mixxx.org/download/

On 12/24/2017 01:53 PM, Be wrote:
I got in touch with Garth who got me access to the web server and deployment instructions from RJ. The beta announcement is deployed on http://staging.mixxx.org/download/ . We still don't have builds for the 2.1 branch so it just has instructions for downloading the source from GitHub. I still don't have write access to the GitHub repository for the website so I've opened a pull request to keep it in sync with what I deployed: https://github.com/mixxxdj/website/pull/17

The full announcement is on the forum at https://mixxx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9518 . IMO there's no need to also announce it on the old blog. I'd rather keep it all under the mixxx.org domain name and in a system where commenters can easily stay engaged with the