Hi Javi,

you can call you branch as you like.

In general you should branch from the HEAD of the lowest effected branch if unsure. This way we can finally decide just before merge in which branch the bug should go.
If it is obvious that it will go to 2.3, you can branch from master.

The only etiquette rule we have, is not to rebase if a review is in progress.

Thank you for picking up a bug.

Kind regards,

Daniel