On Oct 13, 2009, at 16:24, Marko Mäkelä wrote:

> Some months ago, I submitted a patch to the mkgmap default style that
> would do two things: include ref/operator/shelter in bus/rail/tram
> stop
> names and change the types of minor stops from 0x2f08 to 0x2f17.  I
> can
> understand hesitation to change the POI type, but I would really
> like to
> see the name/ref/operator/shelter logic committed to the tree.

I've been trying out the changes from your patch. Is the one you
submitted with this e-mail different from the one you sent around a
few months ago?

- I noticed that with the original patch the shelter (+/-) character
would be truncated if the operator name was too long. You appear to
have moved the shelter character to before the operator text now. Is
this correct?

I at least have been using the new POI types, and they work OK for me.

- What I have also been experimenting with is a public transportation
overlay map. This is a transparent map which I can place on top of the
regular map. In it, bus, tram, and subway routes, stops and stations
are emphasized using a special TYP file. As such, I can turn on and
off the public transit map when I need it. This may be an interesting
area of pursuit for you. In the long run it may be a better option
than trying to add a lot of information into the standard map where
Garmin has just not provided space for it (alas, Garmin seems to be
rather uninterested in public transportation).

Cheers.