Hi.
An observation, but maybe known to all mappers :-)

I am using self defined TYP symbols for stay over huts or shelters along hiking
trails or in the wilderness.
It could be things like wildernes_hut lean_to shelter:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Atourism%3Dwilderness_hut
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shelter_type%3Dlean_to
etc.

For that i use the styles (points) to assign points in the group 0x2bnn  (nn
being a number).
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/
POI_Types#Type_0x2b_(Accommodation)

According to the above page, eTrex devices may not show higher number than
0x2b07 in that group.

What i notice is that GPSMAP 66s/st picks up higher values such as
0x2b11-0x2b18 and displays them, whereas eTrex 32x does not pick up those but
i have to map the same symbols/icons to lower numbers (which not all are
free). E.g., 0x2b07 works. I yet have to try exactly where the cut off is.

Even if the eTrex 32x does not show the symbol on the map, at least some of
the points can be searched for. If i have the map pointer close to the point
and search for "all points" the points will show up in the list of close by
points. But they do not show up under "lodging" category.

Does anyone have additional details or guidance that i could read to see if i
can find better numbers to assign so that the self made TYP definitions would
show up on the etrex 32x device?

Regards
Karl