Hi all,

I would like to inform you of my doctoral thesis on visual mobile
communication, titled “Visual mobile communication: Camera phone photo
messages as ritual communication and mediated presence”. I completed
my doctoral studies in May at the Aalto University School of Art and
Design in Helsinki, Finland. The academic background of my work is in
communication studies.

In the thesis I study in particular camera phone photography and photo
messaging – the interpersonal communication of photographs from the
mobile phone. The intellectual puzzle which instigated and initiated
the study is, what kind of communicative practices can build up from
the convergence of a telephone and a camera.

The PDF version of the thesis can be downloaded at
https://www.taik.fi/kirjakauppa/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=172

Kind regards,
Mikko Villi
Doctor of Arts, M.Soc.Sc.