Hi everyone,

I’m currently directing a project in which participants will be required to
download an Android app that’s been developed to collect on-screen survey
and non-identifying log data. Ideally, we’d like the sample to be of
approximately 2,000 adult Android users living in a large metropolitan
area. We would prefer to avoid using a panel maintained by a research
company and instead collect the data ourselves using a random sampling
method. Given that collecting the data via a mobile application is a fairly
new approach, there are a number of considerations that suggest
modifications to traditional random sampling designs.

If anyone on this list could suggest publications that discuss random
sampling methods used to recruit large samples of participants to install
mobile phone apps, that would be very much appreciated!

Please feel free to send your suggestions to: j.bo...@utoronto.ca.
Additionally, if you are interested in this topic, please let me know and I
will send a list of the references that I receive in response to this query.

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeffrey Boase, PhD

Associate Professor, University of Toronto

Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology

Faculty of Information

http://individual.utoronto.ca/jboase