Hi,

If you use 'PassHeader Authorization' in order to allow FastCGI scripts
to access the Authentication data, an environment variable
'Authorization' containing the header will be created. But any script
that follows the CGI specification will expect a header 'Foo' to be
added as an environment variable 'HTTP_FOO'. So instead of creating
'Authorization', mod_fcgid should create 'HTTP_AUTHORIZATION'.

Here's the patch for the problem:

http://www.christian-seiler.de/temp/mod_fcgid-patches/pass-headers.patch

I found this issue because PHP wouldn't create the PHP_AUTH_USER and
PHP_AUTH_PW variables when using HTTP auth. Since this works with
lighttpd and FastCGI, it isn't a PHP issue. With the above patch, this
will also work with PHP and mod_fcgid.

Oh, and just a general question: Why aren't all mod_fcgid configuration
directives prefixed with e.g. Fcgid? If I see configuration directives
like 'MaxProccessCount' or 'SocketPath' I don't automatically associate
them with mod_fcgid - if they were named 'FcgidMaxProcessCount',
'FcgidSocketPath' or something similar, it would be clear from the start
to which module they belong.

Regards,
Christian