Howdy,

        After flipping through the Eagle book, perl.apache.org web site
and the mailing list archive I did not find any examples of this so I
figured I would post the question here.  Does anyone know how to change
the users name after they have authenticated.

I know how to _get_ the login name:
        my $name = $r->connection->user();

but what I would like to run is something like:
        $r->connection->user( $name );

Basically, I want users to be able to authenticate using a variety of
authentication schemes (NT login, Unix login, DBM file, ...) but I would
like my access list to only contain SSN's.  So in the authentication
module (after authenticating login) would change the username to their
SSN.  Then my authorize module would call
        my $name = $r->connection->user();

to get their SSN.  I'll worry about the mapping of login->SSN but I need
to know how to tell the authorize module what their SSN is.

Any help, code snippet or urls would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
        Joshua