On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Matt Arnold wrote:

[...]
> some extent, I believe people are put off by what they find.  The
> information isn't necessarily poor, it just isn't what they expect.

Indeed.

> > - mod_perl news.
> > - mod_perl FAQs, developer's guides and documentation.
> > - mod_perl evangelism, quantitative and anecdotal comparison with similar
> >   tools.

We need a little crowd of people to keep especially the news and acecdotes
updates. This will be a lot of work if it's going to be done well.

[...]
> > - where appropriate, demonstrate the power mod_perl (as in, actually use
> >  the darn thing on the site...)

:-) Well, there isn't really anything on the current site that needs
mod_perl.

> I think this outline is a good one.  I want to offer a simple
> introduction -- why mod_perl is so cool.  I want to offer the marketing
[...]

It all sounds very good, I for one will be happy to support it with words
and critics (time to actually doing something right now is another story).

> Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sez:
> > As a side note, reading about that desert idea this morning triggered a
> > neuron somehow, so I quickly modified an old template of mine that hadn't
> > been used and uploaded it at http://www.knowscape.org/modperl/ ...
>
> This example is real nice, [...]

I agree, I like it a lot too.

[...]
> We need someone to make hard decisions -- someone that can decide what stays
> and what goes, a person (or people) that can take the roles of "art
> director", "technical editor", "non-technical editor", and perhaps other
> roles.  We need someone to herd cats.  :-)

What about you and Robin Berjon gets together and makes some more specific
outline for a prototype? We can setup another mailinglist for discussing
the website if we need it. But what we really need is someone to do the
work, so if you (and whoever else) is willing to do it, more power to you!

> mileage may vary.  There's more than one way to do it.  And everything I say
> may be completely wrong.]

I think you and the other people writing in this thread is very much on
the right track!

  - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>