Hi,

Hope somebody out there can help straighten me out with a problem I'm
having in using the Apache::Sybase::CTlib for persistent database
connections.

I've complied Apache 1.3.9 with mod_perl 1.21 (as a DSO) against Perl
5.005_03 on Redhat 6.0 (linux 2.2.5-15).

I've followed the instructions in the Apache::Sybase::CTlib.pm file for
configuring the httpd.conf & startup.pl file:

httpd.conf:
.
.
.
SetEnv SYBASE /opt/sybase-11.9.2
.
.
.
PerlRequire conf/startup.pl

startup.pl:
use Apache::Sybase::CTlib;

Apache::Sybase::CTlib->connect_on_init("myuser", "mypass1", "myserver",
"mydb");

1;

Whenever I try to start the server (ie: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -f
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf), I get a message at my prompt stating
that the server has started, but no server appears in the process table
(ie. ps -ef | grep httpd) and no errors are written to the error_log.
Any ideas ?

Presuming that I can actually get this to work, how to I actually use
the db connection I've created ?  Do I assign a global scalar (ie: $mydb
= Apache::Sybase::...) ??

puzzled...

-Mark Haviland