On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Ajit Deshpande wrote:

> > GLE> What is the specific purpose/slant of this list?  Is it a developer's
> > GLE> list?  A general list to help those running Mod Perl?  Are only
> > GLE> programming geniuses allowed to post, or can the average joe ask dumb
> > GLE> questions?
> >
> > Anyone can and should post, provided they do their homework first.
> [...]
>
> When someone subscribes to this list, maybe we should _stress_ in the
> welcome message the following things:
>
>       1. Read the modperl traps page
>       2. Read the modperl guide
>       3. Read the CGI to modperl migration page
>
> And with appropriate URL pointers for each..

Well, I think Ask has added a welcome page, I've prepared about a year
ago. It should be posted to every new subscriber. Isn't it there? Any of
the new subscribers can confirm that they didn't receive the _stressing_
info?

Thanks!
Stas Bekman  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    www.singlesheaven.com/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC at  www.singlesheaven.com/stas/TULARC