> >Now the question is: if this is truth and you feel the same way, how do we
> >make the world know that there is a great demand for mod_perl programmers
> >and that people should learn mod_perl and not the stright-forward choice
> >like VB, ASP or other technology that drives the web?
>

> Great sites using mod_perl may want to explicitely state being proud of it,
> with a kind of mod_perl logo. I will willingly decorate my mod_perl'ed site
> (www.jazzvalley.com) with a mod_perl stamp on every page.
>
> That takes a strong logo and... possibly a more artistic name for mod_perl?

Interesting, I'm talking all the time about mod_perl promotion, but myself
don't use the mod_perl logo on mod_perl driven pages. Shame on me.

Which makes me thinking to write in a big letters "Please use our logo
on the pages created by mod_perl" at the perl.apache.org site!

Regarding the logo itself, I guess that discussions don't work here as we
all observed it more than once. If you think like you want to offer a new
or an alternative logo to use, create it, show it and make sure it would
be used.

Talking about "let's do something" topics on the mod_perl list is a waste
of time, unfortunately... The motto of this list regarding new things is
"think it, implement it and give it"...

Stas Bekman  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    www.singlesheaven.com/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC at  www.singlesheaven.com/stas/TULARC
www.apache.org  & www.perl.com  == www.modperl.com  ||  perl.apache.org