Hrm. Does perl use 0x55555555 as a marker? I thought once an sv was freed
it gets a null value or something. In any case, this shouldn't be
happening due to any strictly perl modules I'm loading. I am using
XML::Parser(::Expat) but I don't see why there should be interaction
between the two. Even when I comment the XML module out, segfaults still
occur. And there doesn't seem to be any problem when running the scripts
from the command-line. Isn't perl supposed to be smart enough not to try
and free variables which are already empty?

Anyways, any ideas on how I might proceed would be helpful.

-Saar