Yep all these things are true.  Well, the part about being poorly
designed is wrong, it just was designed well, then hacked to death
:-), I guess I'm splitting hairs, but the essential design is easy to
follow.  I picked up the entire module in a just a few hours.  (I just
think it isn't fair to the original designer to say that :->)

Anyhow... I've heard the keepalives are getting fixed, but I haven't
seen any code yet.  Theres also other stuff in the mix that I think
you guys will see start to show up in say 1-2 months that will make
mod_proxy..., or whatever mod_proxy becomes into a mean lean
webserving proxy machine!  Seriously though... with all the stuff
that's happening with this module, I think you guys will be really
happy with the results.

One thing to note that might be slightly sad..., I've heard it might
be breaking from apache into a seperate program.  Become a seperate
ASF project.  This is something that's being tossed around, but likely
it will use all the same directives that folks are used too etc.  Oh
well, I don't know if that will happen, but admittedly it makes sense.
It just seems theres so much that could be done with it for 90% of the
platforms, but 100% just won't make it in.  So it's either split with
apache and have mind numbing performance, or have something mediocre
(like we have now).  Also if we split, it's going to be a lot lighter
weight than it already is.

In short... this module is in for lots of cool stuff.  And I'm
speaking of lots of developers working on it.  Four that I know of for
sure, two of which have already done a huge body of work on this
module.

Thanks,
Shane.