[EMAIL PROTECTED] said something to this effect:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:19:51   Joshua Chamas wrote:
> >Until I write a VBScript to perl parser, yes you can only
> >use perl under Apache::ASP.
> Ok, so are you actually going to write a VBScript to perl parser?

Has anyone considered using an approach similar to the one Damian Conway
uses in Lingua::Romana::Perligata? This is from a talk he gave at the Perl
Conference last week. Lingua::Romana::Perligata lets you write your code in
Latin, which gets translated into Perl on the fly during the compile stage
using source filters (see Filter::Util::Call). Using this method, you could
write your code in VBScript (or use some older VBScript code), put the call
to the source filter at the top, and (at compile time), it gets translated
into Perl.

THe advantage of this approach is that you could use existing VBScript
code without modification (provided your source filter was sophisticated
enough). The disadvantage is that you'd have to know VBScript pretty
well to implement it.

(darren)

--
Although I can accept talking scarecrows, lions and great wizards of
emerald cities, I find it hard to believe there is no paperwork involved