Andreas Schiffler wrote:

> I have a problem that I can't explain and don't know exactly how to
> debug: the httpd process keeps gobbling up memory over time.

around in frequent restarts of the webserver using:
    apachectl restart

After each code change, the new scripts were copied onto the server and
apache restarted. Since we are in active development, this occured
several times a day and each time apache was restarted this way, its
memory consumption went up.

Doing it the "hard" way with the /etc/rc.d/init.d script
    httpd restart
solves the problem.

Kindof a weired interaction between mod_perl and apache - can someone
elaborate on "is this a bug or is it a feature"?

Regards
Andreas

--
|  Andreas Schiffler                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
|  Senior Systems Engineer    -    Deskplayer Inc., Buffalo  |