"Thomas Klausner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a module that can do "Stacked Handler Pipelining", but
> doesn't pass around tied filehandles but data structures ?

Andreas König's Apache::HeavyCGI is a nice alternative approach to the use of stacked
handlers.

> If there isn't, could it be implemented by dumping the data
> structure to $r->notes (with Data::Dumper) and have it eval'ed back
> by the next handler?

I just started playing around with HeavyCGI, but it uses the "Singleton" approach: one
master handler "dispatches" each request to to all the modules that are needed, first
allowing each a shot at processing headers (last-mod times, conditional tests, early
errors, etc), then for content, and finally for cleanup, fixup, etc.  this lets them
all play together without the strict stacking and inefficient error-handling of
stacked hadlers.

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Apache-HeavyCGI

-dave