Since we have already started working on mod_perl-2.0, I wanted to get in
early and provide the base for the one and only source of mod_perl
documentation. These are the things that I see important:

1. *All* pods located under one roof. API, Installation, Configuration,
Tips, Trick and more.

2. Automatic retrieval of pods sections from .pm files and integration in
the documentation tree.

3. Automatic generating of html/ps/pdf/other formats. (html/ps/pdf are
already working in the guide, other formats to come).

4. Distribution within mod_perl or outside of it? (The main point of
having documentation separated as it may be updated more often than
software releases.) so this is arguable.

5. Commit rights. Should be available for all mod_perl committers, one or
more persons will be responsible for keeping the healthy layout of the
documentation, review documentation commits. Pretty much making it a
real community project and not Stas Bekman's project.

6. Mailing list (or reuse of cvs list) for corrections/contributions

7. The relevant parts from the current guide is to be merged into the new
guide and eventually freezed as mod_perl-2.0 will become the main product,
and mod_perl-1.x will be not supported anymore (I suppose a few years from
now).

Comments are welcome.

Once Doug gets back, given his approval we will start to layout the
documentation infrastructure in the cvs tree.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://jazzvalley.com