On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Garry Heaton wrote:

> I'm new to mod_Perl and fairly new to Perl, having just begun my journey
> through the desert on the back of Camel Mk3. I've  successfully installed
> and configured Apache 1.3 on Windows 98. Trouble is all the mod_Perl
> downloads are .tar files. Does this mean I can't run it on my Windows
> version of Apache? Please, if anyone can tell me where I can download a .zip
> file I'd be grateful.

If you have ActivePerl (build 6xx), there's a mod_perl ppm package,
and some other Apache::* ppms, available at
   http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/
Choose the mod_perl ppd corresponding to your Apache version.
You can install these via the ppm utility:
ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/whatever.ppd
Also at this location is a sample Apache httpd.conf for
Win32 mod_perl.

Bearing in mind some Win32 peculiarities, the mod_perl docs,
http://perl.apache.org/ (particularly the guide), and
http://take23.org/ have lots of info to get you started.

best regards,
randy kobes