On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Issac Goldstand wrote:

> So basically, PerlSendHeaders On means that it will send information such as
> the return code (eg HTTP/1.1 200 OK) ETag, Date and other headers that
> Apache generally handles on its own under mod_cgi?
>
> If so, then I think that all that really needs to be done is instead of
> giving a small lecture on PerlSendHeader which will be confusing to newbies,
> why not just write something basically telling them to set it to On and not
> worry.  Remember that this is just the porting manpage, and if people really
> want to make their own handlers then they'll eventually learn the ins and
> outs of PerlSendHeader.

This hopefully will give an indepth explanation of the behavior of this
flag. May be too much :)
http://thingy.kcilink.com/modperlguide/config/_Location_Configuration.html
(scroll down to the PerlSendHeaders On part...)

Notice, that the para says HTTP header, and it doesn't say anything about
Content-type, which you always have to provide. Hmm, may be even that
explanation can be improved.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/