Issac> Well, it looks great except that most of the types are just
Issac> different flavors of text/plain...  If you do implement real
Issac> magic files (look at the files the Apache uses for good example
Issac> magic files), or even get a bigger list in your module, PLEASE
Issac> let me know.  Aside from that lack, it's perfect for me.

There's File::MMagic in the CPAN, extracted from the file(1) PPT
command, which uses standard magic-format files.  You could certainly
hook that up to do your equivalent of mod_mime_magic.