I am a currently trying to have Apache and mod_perl to run with win 2000. This is part
of a review being currently undertaken by my company on what technical solution to use
for our intranet web server.

I have installed Apache 1.20 downloaded from apache.org web site.
I have installed Perl from Activestate. The version installed is
ActivePerl-5.6.1.626-MSWin32-x86-multi-thread.
I have downloaded mod_perl from ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca, installed it using ppm.
The version of the package I have installed is mod_perl-1_25_1_3_20-eapi.tar.gz

Unfortunately, I have trouble running mod_perl: when I start Apache, I get the
following error message:
   "Syntax error on line 204 of c:/apache/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load c:/apache/apache/modules/mod_perl.so into server: (127) The specified
procedure could not be found:"

I have some questions. Thanks for any information that could be provided:
1) Would anyone know what causes this error message and what I could do to solve the
issue?
2) What is the difference between the eapi and no eapi versions of mod_perl. I have
tried both, without success. I get an error message complaining about API in the
version of mod_perl that does not have eapi in its name.
3) In the mailing list and at other places on the net, reference is made of
expat_win32.dll. What is this dll for? Do I need it?

Raphael
Voila vous propose une boite aux lettres gratuite sur Voila Mail:
http://mail.voila.fr