Dave Rolsky wrote:

>>DR> Grr, its not documented when I do 'perldoc Apache'.
>>
>>There's a lot of stuff not so documented.  The mod_perl book has much
>>more complete docs.
>>

> Which is nice for ORA and the books authors, but fairly irritating for
> folks like myself.  Hell, I have the book but I don't always have it with
> me.

You can always send patches :)

> I'd submit patches for this but I'm figuring 1.2x will be out of date soon
> enough with 2.0 in the works.  Hopefully that will be better documented
> and if not, I can always help out.

I think 1.x is going to stick for a while, just like many people still
using perl5.004 and apache 1.3.12 :) So docs won't never hurt.

I really hope to get a lot of help from you guys for 2.0, If you
remember my original docs RFC back a few months ago, there will be a lot
of documentation. If you are already playing with things like the new
Apache::Test (which already has quite a big tutorial and I plan on
competing it next week, check the modperl-docs repository) and modperl
2.0 you can start submit docs patches right now.

Ideally the early adopters can help with the docs and when mod_perl 2.0
is released most of the essential docs should be there already for
others to learn from.

If you are not sure where you can help, you can already join the
docs-dev <at> perl.apache.org and docs-cvs <at> perl.apache.org lists
(both have a low traffic right now) and silentry lurk until you get to
see something that you can give a hand with.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com