I was wondering how people are saving state between "pages" of a session.

There is a Apache::Session which is sufficient to check to see if they are
logged in, et cetera.
But I want to be able to remember the last query so that I can return
results into multple pages along with memory of where in the stack I am at.
The easiest would to be store the query parameters along with the count
information. . .but I do not want to use Apache::Session as I believe that
has too much overhead for this sort of thing.
There are persistent modules, but I am wondering if there is a better way
with Apache and mod_perl -- that ppl have tried and can vouche for its
validity.

Thanks!
Ward