On Saturday, 2002-10-12 at 11:50:12 +0100, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> Todd Finney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Over here, the barometer looks like:

For what it's worth, here is the major Freelancer/Professional Services
site in Germany:

  http://www.gulp.de/kb/tools/gulpometer.html

If you want to have some statistics (in German!), go to
  http://www.gulp.de/kb/tools/trend.html

Enter "Web" and "Perl", and set the first "oder" to "und". Click on
"Analysieren". You'll get project inquiries, project inquiries by German
zipcode region, "Prozentuale Verteilung der Stundensätze" (percentage
distribution of hourly rates), some others of less interest, and at the
end age distributions for the two keywords and over all freelancers at
Gulp and all project inquiries at Gulp.

Makes me feel old. I'm 48...

If you don't want to do that, the hourly rates are:

Web             72,22 EUR
Perl            69,29 EUR
All Freelancers 72,72 EUR
All Inquiries   75,25 EUR

1 EUR = 0.9860 US$.

The UK site says the going rate overall is 19 Pounds. That is 30 EUR or
US$. No wonder I'm meeting lots of British people when I visit clients.

Lupe Christoph
--
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| Big Misunderstandings #6398: The Titanic was not supposed to be        |