Suppose I have a typical proxied mod-perl setup and I
have a large (~ 650 MB) file I'd like to provide
authenticated access to. The mod-perl server will be
doing the authentication, but for performance
considerations I'd like the proxy server to serve the
file directly instead of having the mod-perl server
first forward the file to the proxy.

Is there a way to do this so that access to the file
would be _impossible_ unless the user is authenticated
by the mod-perl server? I am looking for a solution
that can guarantee that there is no way to circumvent
the authentication process. I can think of solutions
where the probability that users can access the file
without authenticating can be made very small, but I
am looking for an absolute guarantee.

Regards,

Erik Rantapaa
[EMAIL PROTECTED]