Cool.  Will do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Tompkins [mailto:timt@;arttoday.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 12:27 PM
To: DeAngelo Lampkin; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Can't locate object method "new" via package
"Apache::Request" (via Mason)...SOLVED

> As a quick follow-up, the "PerlModule Apache::Request" line is NOT
> needed in the httpd.conf file for Mason to work.  However, it was a very
> valuable debugging tool.

That wasn't really the purpose, though.  The purpose was to pre-load the
module in the parent apache process for efficiency.  My suggestion did come
about because it appeared that Apache::Request wasn't being loaded at all.
I'm not exacly sure how that happened as Mason's ApacheRequest attempts to
require() Apache::Request a couple of places.  But just the same, my
suggestion to pre-load Apache::Request, as well as any other lib you
normally use, stands.

See:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/performance.html#Preloading_Perl_Modul
es_at_Server_Startup