Hi there,

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Sylbert L wrote:

> I have this response handler, within which I've written this signal
> handler. When I pass a signal to that particular process, it is
> handled only when a request is processed, not when the signal is
> really received

Apache has told its children to sleep until there's a request for them
to process.  That's what it does.

> What I'm trying to do is .. communicate between processes

There have been many posts to this List about IPC (Inter Process
Communication), with mod_perl, you might like to check the archives.
Without more information I wouldn't know if what you're trying to do
is a reasonable approach, but it sounds like hard work.

73,
Ged.