From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:Brett.Gillett@;tsx.ca]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 4:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DBI question

Hiya everyone,

I am new to mod_perl and have a question about generating dynamic webpages
from a mysql database.  I have a script that queries a IDS database
and generates results such as Top 5 Signatures, etc.  The problem is when I
pass the results to the web interface it seems to be looping.  What I mean
is
that when I refresh the page, instead of getting the Top 5 - i get the top
10, then 15....etc.

I am using HTML::Template to generate my HTML files, and I have two servers
running, one for static docs, one for mod_perl stuff, and I create me DB
connections persistently in my startup.pl file.

It seems if you wait long enough, you only get 5 results for some of the
queries others I get X5....

Anyone seen this behaviour before?? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Brett

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated
recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you
are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  This communication is for information purposes only
and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy
any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or
accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to
change without notice.