Hi Stas -

...look at the error log...

For the first test, which my logger reported:

::1 [Wed Dec  4 19:58:13 2002] "/" 404 266
::1 [Wed Dec  4 19:58:24 2002] "/index.html" 403 280
::1 [Wed Dec  4 19:58:45 2002] "/perl/rocks.html" 200 29

[Wed Dec 04 19:58:13 2002] [error] [client ::1]
[Wed Dec 04 19:58:24 2002] [error]

From: Stas Bekman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 9:23 PM
To: Beau E. Cox
Cc: Modperl
Subject: Re: [mp2] LogHandler configuration problems

>     </Location>

#-------------------MyApache-FileLogger-------------------------------------
>     <Location />
>       SetHandler perl-script
>       PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
>       PerlLogHandler MyApache::FileLogger
>       Options +ExecCGI
>     </Location>

As you have figured out by trial and error, if you wanted the logger to
work for everything you just needed to add:

 >     <Location />
 >      PerlLogHandler MyApache::FileLogger
 >     </Location>

what you originally did, is assigned ModPerl::Registry to serve
everything on the server, but fed it with html and images, forgetting
that it requires a Perl diet. Since you've repeated many times that you
are a newbie, I'll forgive you ;) But if you weren't a newbie and you
didn't remember to check the error_log file, I'd say: "shame on you" :)
As the latter would have revealed the problem right away, from the first
test.

Notice that my example configuration is correct since it demonstrates
the use of a logger for a particular sub-section of the site that
*happens* to be served by the ModPerl::Registry handler. Perhaps that
example needs some extra notes to avoid this kind of confusion in the
future. I'll add a note.