On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, [iso-8859-1] [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Does adding a
> >   LoadFile "/Path/to/libxml2.dll"
> > directive, before pulling in the startup script, help?
> > (in the distribution from our site, libxml2.dll is in
> > the Perl/bin/ directory).

> I have no libxml2.dll file from the all-in-one 30 or so MB
> archive donwloaded from theoryx5

Sorry for the confusion - I got mixed up with distributions.

> i only have libxml.dll in perl/site/lib/auto/xml/libxml

> I do have one libxml2.dll in my path from a separate xmlsoft
> download... maybe this is the reason of problems ?

That might be .... You might try an upgraded LibXML/LibXSLT
package from http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/ - this has fixed
a couple of bugs. Both of these require XML-LibXML-Common, which
does contain the libxml2.dll referred to above. The dll is, in
theory, supposed to be installed from a post-install script under
ppm, but this might not work within ppm3 - if one is using ppm3,
one can grab XML-LibXML-Common.tar.gz from
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/ and extract libxml2.dll
from there. This dll should go somewhere within the PATH, and is
the one I suggested to load with the LoadFile directive.

> apache issues the segfault (popup window) on every situation :
> mason modperl, registry or simple cgi.

> but then it restarts itself immediatly and serves the request
> (after a rather long restarting delay).

> the segfault sometimes does not happen for two or three times
> and then again.

Weird ....

--
best regards,