On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 03:35, Dennis G. Allard wrote:
> (BTW, my more general goal is to have shared memory across multiple
> Apache threads as part of implementing sessions so that I can avoid
> doing a database write at every HTTP request just to save session IDs.)

Hmmm, save session IDs?  Why aren't you just putting those in a cookie
or in the URLs?

If you meant to say session data rather than IDs, there are several good
ways to do this, and IPC::ShareLite isn't one of them.  It's too slow.
If this is for a single machine, try either IPC::MM or MLDBM::Sync.  If
it's for a cluster, it's pretty hard to beat MySQL.

- Perrin