On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 17:46, Arshavir Grigorian wrote:
> Is it possible that calling undef on a global hash in one Apache process
> not reset the value/contents of the same hash
> in other Apache processes?

I don't quite understand the wording of your question, but the short
answer is that nothing is truly shared between processes.  Copy-on-write
provides some optimization of memory usage at the OS level, but it does
not affect actual sharing.  If you write to a variable in one process,
no other process will be affected, even if it has the same global
variable.

> I am using Apache::Status to examine the content of a specific hash and
> depending on which Apache process handles my
> request, I get a different value for a specific key in the hash.

Right, modifications to the hash are not shared.

> On a related note, does running several virtual hosts of off the same
> source tree mean that all global variables are shared
> among all the vhosts?

Virtual hosts are irrelevant.  All that matters is if the code is
running in the same process.

- Perrin