On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 15:35, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> no, I wasn't saying that :)  subprocess_env() from the main request is the
> right way to go.  I was just trying to let you know that it has nothing to
> do with %ENV really.

I wouldn't go that far.  %ENV does get populated with that stuff, just
not yet.

> perhaps this is why
> the eagle book said to get them from a subrequest - presumably the
> subrequest would have them, since it runs through the fixup phase and SSL
> stuff is per-connection and not per-request.

Exactly, and as it happens, that chapter is on-line.  The part Ryan was
referring to is here:
http://modperl.com:9000/book/chapters/ch6.html#Using_Digital_Certificates_for_A

Ryan, can you post a more complete code example?

- Perrin