Paul Simon wrote:
So, according to the docs,
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/performance/mpm.html#Work_with_DataBases_under_Threaded_MPM,
using Apache::DBI doesn't do anything under
mp2+windows2000 ...

That's correct. Since Apache::DBI does per-process pooling, and apache 2.0 on winFU, runs one process with many threads. So Apache::DBI is useless there.

What is the status of DBI::Pool?

I've posted a hard-coded mysql prototype to the dbi-dev list a few months ago. Tim has added the required DBI support recently, but I haven't had a chance to do any work on it since then. If you or anybody else is interested in helping to code DBI::Pool let me know.

These modules deal mainly with persistent database
connections. Is that correct?

That's correct.

But since you are using Oracle, if I remember correctly DBD::Oracle provides an internal pooling support. I could be wrong, please check the docs.