[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Guys,
>
> anyone with experience on the below problem???

why reposting the same question 3 times? Please give people some time to
respond to your questions, you can't expect an immediate reply.

> Please advice, I would really appreciate the help.

[...]

> Sorry if this question goes out to the wrong discussion group, but I've
> been told if anyone could answer this then it'll be someone on this forum
> :) Ok, here goes...

Sounds like the right place to me.

> We use Perl 5.6.x and Perl 5.8.0 with LFS. We also use mod_perl 1.27 with
> LFS and Apache 1.3.27 (with LFS).
>
> To make a long story short...we are running into issues with vendors like
> IBM and Oracle where they don't want to re-compile their code (i.e.
> mod_ossos) with LFS. So, we need to run a non-LFS build of Apache 1.3.27.
> The only way (to our knowledge) we can do this is by re-compiling Perl
> 5.8.0 without LFS, which means that we have to support two versions of Perl
> / CPAN / etc...not likely in our current situation. Someone just told me
> that we can use Apache (Non-LFS) with Perl (LFS) using mod_perl
> (PERL_USELARGEFILES=0, set in Makefile.PL)? This I know Doug MacEachern did
> not support in earlier versions of mod_perl.
>
> BTW. We just-compiled it and it seems to work, HOWEVER I'm concerned about
> Segmentation Faults (this is common when using LFS modules with a non-LFS
> Apache build). For some reason we don't get these errors when using
> mod_perl /LFS with non-LFS Apache. How is this possible?

You have to send a complete problem report as explained here, including a core
dump's back trace:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/help.html#How_to_Report_Problems