> Well, the problem is that I get this error in my error_log:
>
> [Mon Jul 21 14:18:55 2003] [error] 4297: ModPerl::RegistryBB: 20014:Error
> string not specified yet at /var/www/perl/test.pl line 6.
>
> Also, more important, the script seems to be terminating and/or any output
> following the 'print ""' is not sent to the client as far as I can tell.

This is another story! You have a problem with ModPerl::RegistryBB. HTTP log
can't help if ModPerl::RegistryBB aborts at that point. From my point of
view it is supposed to be a warning (or debug/warning) instead of the error
in ModPerl::RegistryBB, because it could be necessary sometimes to flush
empty string (for example, to overwrite the default chunking behavior of
core Apache).

Unfortunately, I can't look into the sources of Apache-2 now.

Can somebody help to patch this problem on Bill's machine first in order to
let us to go ahead with this research?

Thanks,
Slava