On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 21:06:05, Charlie Garrison said...

> The second one, Cookie Authentication with MySQL, looks like a very good
> option, except for two issues. Fist, it doesn't support the 'require group...'
> directive. And second, it doesn't appear to cache mysql connections so I am
> concerned about the increased load from lots of quick connections.

Umm, use Apache::DBI, that's what it's for.

> I feel that someone must have already solved this issue so any suggestions or
> advice would be appreciated. Are there any modules which I have missed? Are
> the perceived problems with the above modules really an issue, or should I be
> able to use one of them without any problems.

I haven't been 100% happy with any of the systems written by other people so
I've always just written my own.  It's a rather simple process.  Right now I
have one method that uses cookies in one module, another that uses cookies but
splits things up into separate modules, and a third that adds a (md5 hash)
parameter to the URI.  All work very well, though I prefer the cookie method
myself.

If there's really nothing out there to add a hash to the URI, I could probably
be convinced to package up the code I have, simple as it may be.

--
Michael Stella  | Sr. Unix Engineer / Developer | http://www.thismetalsky.org
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be Evil. - Thyra