Stephen wrote:
"Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm no expert at debugging C, but I dont think that the above looks too
healthy....

Well, I think I have it figured out, more or less. The root cause of it
seemed to be a rather, um, interesting bit of code in
HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler which makes use of string eval and sprintf to
define the handler() subroutine. The intent was to create a handler()
routine suitable for both mod_perl 1 and 2 (prototype of ($$) vs attribute
of : method). However, for some reason or another, handler() was being
called as a regular sub, with one parameter.

mp1 supports both $$ and :method, so no need to do something special to make it work for both mp1 and mp2.

Preloading the module and using the explicit Module->handler method syntax
in httpd.conf seems to have fixed it.

preloading is required in mp1. the -> syntax is not.

HTH

--Geoff