On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:01:24 -0600
Eric Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Eric,

> I found a pretty useful article at
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=4143 on how to use
> Apache::Session with Mason.

I wrote a tutorial on session management with HTML::Mason and
Apache::SessionManager (a wrapper around Apache::Session) available at:

http://search.cpan.org/author/ENRYS/Apache-SessionManager-0.06/SessionManager/cookpod.pod#Apache::SessionManager_WITH_HTML::Mason

I hope that it will be useful for you.

Yes, I know, now there is a Mason extension to handle sessions (not in the
Mason core), _but_:

1) when I wrote Apache::SessionManager, the extension wasn't yet available :-)
   (moreover A::SM has a session expiration/inactivity built-in cleanup
   mechanism)
2) with Apache::SessionManager you can use session object also in other Apache
   life request phases than Response phase (for example I need session
   in Authentication phase). With MasonX::Request::WithApacheSession you cannot
   (if I not mistake)
3) There is no way to use URI session tracking (session id is embedded in left
   side of the URI)

In all other case, MasonX::Request::WithApacheSession works fine.

by

        - Enrico